Thank you, Deepti Menon, for nominating my website for the Liebster Blog Award!
This looks like fun, and I love it when authors / bloggers support each other.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
5. Go to each new blogger’s site andinform them of their nomination.To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Deepti Menon
11 random facts about myself
1. I love dark chocolate
2. I also love Javier Bardem ( most honorably of course, given he is a married man )
3. I chose motherhood at 40 and realized life starts then
4. I cannot go without taking at least one random nature shot on my iPhone every day
5. I am addicted to Zumba but also to pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
6. Easy go, easy come – Calorie Corollary from #5
7. I don’t think there is anything more beautiful in this world than the laughter of a child, including my own
8. I am deeply in love myself
9. I can take a lot of crap from folks apart from arrogance and hypocrisy
10. Respect above love.. always
11. Wanderlust is the best kinda lust.
Questions asked by Deepti, which I am repeating here because they are so good!
1. Name three secrets that you never told anyone.
1) I read my first Irving Wallace, secretly, when I was about 12, didn’t quite know what hit me.
2) I tried to pressure cook rice for the first time and didn’t know to put the gasket on the lid. No prizes for guessing what happened next.
3) My husband proposed to me on the phone from an airport after 5 days of meeting me and before flying internationally for 2 months. I waited 36 hours before saying yes ! It was one of his longer flights !
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Would do something for my parents, make some good investments for retirement and our daughter, do something to further education of the girl child in India, go on a cruise and buy myself a very very nice watch.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
Realized my most important calling is to be a mother and write a book on that learning process. The constant goal is to make that realization meaningful for myself and my child in different ways.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
My husband and I have been prudent with our money so a comfortable life yes, not an ostentatious one. One that lets us have a nice cuppa coffee together each morning and travel to some nice places all over the world and see some choice destinations in India, my home country.
5. Favourite drink on a Friday night?
I am a teetotaler, so it will have to be my usual iced soy hazelnut frappe from my favorite little coffee shoppe a few miles from home.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
Friendship, space and a deep understanding that some things are non-negotiable.. like growing old together.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Joie de vivre, Creative, Sincere
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Indian or Italian Takeout
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
My poems are most often inspired by visuals. Rains and flowers do a lot for me. This was my last entry on a day when I had a house full of beautifully arranged vases and this one remained entangled in a wire mesh.
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
Contentment in living the present moment to the fullest.
11. Who is your favourite poet and why?
Rumi. He wrote for my soul. Just took me many lifetimes to get to his words, will take me many more to get them.
Questions asked by Pritha
I think the questions asked by Deepti are perfect, so I will stick with them (see above “Questions asked by Deepti”). If you don’t feel like answering one or some of these 11 questions, do come up with your own ones.
My Liebster Nominations
1. Maitreyee Bhattacharjee – http://jumble-rumble-thoughts.blogspot.com/
2. Aarti Garde – http://aartigarde.com/
3. Lopa Banerjee – http://mistressandhermuse.wordpress.com/
4. Anumita Chatterjee Roy – http://anumitaroy.wordpress.com/
5. Alka Gurha – http://www.alkagurha.com/